Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Creative Geniuses of a Different Mind - Yes, They Are Here But Appear Out of Time

One of the great things about running a think tank is you get to talk to creative geniuses all day, and these are not your run-of-the-mill people, their similarities stop generally at their appearance. Sure, they look like humans, but in essence they are human plus, not due to their physical attributes, but more like Olympic athletes of the mind. Okay so let's talk.

Not long ago, I was talking to a friend, about a possible acquaintance. I hadn't remembered the name of the individual, or perhaps I never got their name, as it was someone I met in passing. The individual we were talking about appeared to be of a different mind, perhaps savant tendencies or with hype-functioning Asperger's, socially quirky, but flowing in information. I explained to my friend that if it was the same person he'd know it, as this possible mutual acquaintance had hyper-mental acuity, perhaps it would be similar experience to meeting a championship Jeopardy player, but me without the social skills.

The person we were discussing had a brain and mind of a highly evolved applied and practical engineering background (know-it-all type), and I mentioned to my friend if that's what the guy was like, then we were talking about the same person. Now then, I wanted to bring this up because it is often difficult to explain what a creative genius is, you can't tell by the color of their skin, nationality, or anything like that, rather you can only describe how they take in and present information. You can only describe those differentialities in the way they think.

They may or may not stand out in a crowd, although they may dress differently, perhaps because they don't care about the social aspect of our overall civilization. They may seem scatterbrained, because their mind is off thinking about something else, probably something much more valuable than idle chitchat, cocktail party talk about the weather, or the talking points from political pundits on TV. They are operating on a different plane. Perhaps that's what I like about the creative geniuses I meet every day, they aren't like everyone else.

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that is a good thing, but in some cases perhaps it isn't, perhaps they don't relate well with regular folks who are under 130 level IQs, which is most everyone, therefore it makes things tough, I suppose. Yes, creative geniuses appear to be out of time, and of a totally different mind. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment